Inwake of the series of incident that happened as a result of social gathering
The Bauchi State government through State Police Command has confirmed a total ban on all sort of Social event without Police consent in a statement published on 22nd November 2018, The public relations officer DSP KAMAL DATTI ABUBAKAR made it clear that;
“This order has become necessary in view of recurrent violence emanating from such events, which in the past led to the loss of lives and property.
Henceforth, any person or group of people wishing to organize any form of social event should get security clearance from Divisional Police Officer (DPO) of that area or as the case may be from the Area Commander or the Commissioner Police not less than 48 hours of the scheduled event time.
Any body found violating this order will be arrested and dealt with according to the law.”
He further appeal to the general public to corporate with the Police Order “as it is done in the best interest of peace loving people of the state and not to deny anybody’s fundamental right of freedom of association and to ensure that the existing peace and security in the state is sustained.”
We have drafted out 8 things to consider as an Event Planner or Social event freak.kindly check them below.
1. Do not attend every social event you know
2. Before you attend make sure you see police approval documents of the event.
3. Do not over stay whatsover in any social event heading towards dark hours
4. Have fun but Be vigilant
5. Avoid road side social event ( events you barely know anything about )
6. When organizing an event make sure you seek police consent not less than 48hrs to the event.
7. As simple as ABC visit your divisional police station or area command to seek police security consent
8. If you are denied police consent by any means DO NOT GO AHEAD with your event.
What do you think about the issue is the police right to place this order or?
Let us know on the comment box below….