The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission of Nigeria (EFCC) has finally published the picture and gazette notice of Omotade – Sparks Amos Sewanu on its top list of the Most Wanted for Financial Crimes.
Omotade, popularly know in his community as Universal Daddy Ink (UDI), is the mastermind behind the popular Pinkoin and InksNation project – a cryptocurrency project in Nigeria that has defrauded thousands of dollars out of unsuspecting investors.
SEE ALSO: The EFCC Nigeria Reportedly Declares Pinkoin and InksNation Blockchain Projects Founder Wanted for Over $82, 000 Crypto Fraud
The Wanted notice reads:
“The Public is hereby notified that Omotade-Sparks Amos Sewanu of Inksnation whose photograph appears above is wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC in a case bordering on obtaining by false pretense, names Dropping and Fraud to the tune of thirty Two million Naira Only (32,000,000) while claiming to have floated an online digital currency called “Pinkoin.”
Despite the above alert however, the InksNation and Pinkoin Telegram channel continues to recruit new members and promote its activities.
Inksnation presently has about 200,000 members on their Telegram channel, and hundreds of thousands offline, as many of its members are not even online, relying on agents in various parts of the country.
The SEC Nigeria has previously flagged the products of InksNation, including Pinkoin, as illegal and warned the public about any business dealings with the company.
Speaking to BitcoinKE, Senator Ihenyen, the Secretary General of SiBAN, Nigeria’s blockchain association, said:
SiBAN, as Nigeria’s self-regulatory body in the blockchain space, did raise questions. The questions SiBAN raised informed its decision not to register Inksnation as a member when Inksnation applied for SiBAN membership. Our public statement concerning this remains public. In fact, concerned about investor safety, our members engaged the Inksnation community about the legitimacy and sustainability of the Inksnation project. But our genuine concerns were misinterpreted. We were attacked.
Regardless of what comes out from this episode, it tells us that stakeholders in the blockchain & crypto space must keep investing in blockchain & crypto education and awareness. I believe that this is the best way to keep the community safe and investors protected, proactively. And this is where we need community support, including support from the media such as Bitcoin KE and other media platforms in the space. We will remain vigilant.”
Please follow and like us:
Song of the Week – Taro by STESH
- All Bauchi Artists are F*ckboys & F*ckgirls – Facebook User
- Abel Ugada reacts to “College Girl offering her a role again!
- ALBUM: B.O.C Madaki – Northy By Nature
- A Ride with The Four Horsemen [EP REVIEW]
- Why Dr. Flex is the Best Skit comedian in Bauchi… See Reasons?
- 2023 Presidency: 10,000 Youths To Trek from Lagos To Bauchi For Bala Mohammed
- The Second Phase of Lockdown is suicidal amidst rising cases of COVID-19
- Police arrest “Sex Party” suspects in Bauchi
- Real Life – StarKing [MUSIC]
- New Dawn – Marzprince, PR13ST [E.P]
#Endsars Adonis Album APC Asuu Bauchi Beehive boc BOC Madaki Burna Boy Cino Wayne Cman Concept Man DJ AB Don't forget to subscribe: https://bit.ly/2Hb8hjx Watch more interesting videos: https://bit.ly/34ogCaw Follow Channels Television On: Facebo EP Gospel INEC Josh Ghani Kalito Kds lemuel knight Mi abaga shambee stesh
- 639869 486297Cheapest speeches and toasts, as nicely as toasts. probably are produced building your personal at the party and will…
- I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This paragraph posted at this site is truly good.
- Excellent blog post. I definitely appreciate this site. Continue the good work!